HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
At Caroline Hair Creation, we take your personal data very seriously and that’s why we want to let you know why and how we collect and store your personal details in accordance with the new GDPR legislation that came into effect on 25th May 2018.
How we collect your data
We collect your data in several ways at Caroline Hair Creation, as detailed below.
- In the salon using a printed Client consultation form, further details of all information collected can be found below under the heading ‘What personal data we collect and why’. We then store your name, address, email address and telephone contact number, treatment history and any medical alerts in a safe and secure on-site location.
- Contact Form – This is a contact form on our website for you to contact us with enquiries. We ask for your name, email address and to leave a comment, you will NOT be added to our mailing list for using this.
- Social media – You may contact us via Facebook messenger or other networks and we will reply to you message but we DO NOT PAY TO OR USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM SOCIAL MEDIA.
What personal data we collect and why
When arriving for your appointment at the salon we will ask you to complete a client record card. We require the below personal details from you and have given a legal reason why we need these.
- Your full name – So we can address you in the salon and ensure all communication is with the correct person. Address and Telephone contact number
– To aid the emergency services in case of an emergency whilst at the salon. If any of your loved ones contact us to send you a gift voucher.
- Email address :if we need to change or cancel an appointment and your telephone service is unavailable.
- Brief Medical history – Medical history is crucial to allow us to perform our treatments safely and adhere to the terms of our insurance.
- Allergies – To ensure nothing we use during a treatment or around you at the salon can cause you harm, irritation or any other complications and to adhere to the terms of our insurance..l
- Patch test – This is a skin test we carry out in the salon to test for potential allergic reactions to certain treatments. We keep this on file so all stylists know you are able to have that treatment and in the event of a reaction we know what was used and when.
- Treatment history – This is so each stylist can see what and how the last stylist carried out a treatment on you to ensure results are consistent amongst all staff.
- Your Consent – We require you to read and sign a paragragh that allows us to obtain this information lawfully from you and legally store it in accordance with GDPR.
- Your Contact preferences – If you wish to be on a our mailing list you must opt in otherwise we can not legally send you in the future any newsletters or special offers.
- Your consent to use treatments photos – Some of our treatments involve before and after photos on salon devices to aid the client experience and proof of progress/treatment. Sometimes we like to use these on social media and need your permission to do so
- Your signature – To prove it was you that was present in the salon and that you answered all of the above to the best of your knowledge and honestly. That you agree to Caroline Hair Creation holding you data on our database and on paper form in our secure locked filing cabinets.
How your data is stored
Your data is in digital and paper form at Caroline Hair Creation. Paper copies of consultation forms are stored alphabetically in a locked filing cabinet that only staff of Caroline Hair Creation have access to. Electronic devices at Caroline Hair Creation comprise of an Apple iPhone and iPad all of which are password protected and none contain client personal data. Photos which we use occasionally across our social media do not contain personal details or clients full face and only ever are published with clients prior permission.
How long we hold your personal data for
We most recently updated our records on 01/05/2019 and now only hold personal data from May 2016 onwards. We will hold your data for up to 3 years unless you ask us otherwise as we appreciate some clients visit us weekly whereas some may come yearly. In order to continue to provide the client with the best service possible we need these records to see exactly what treatments were performed, reactions, likes, dislikes, patch tests, products used etc.
We DO NOT sell or share your personal data with anyone. No other third party including our accountant or suppliers has any client personal data.
Your right to access or changed your mind?
Your data control officer for Caroline Hair Creation is Caroline Foley-Kearns In the event of a breach of personal data you will be contacted by the above mentioned person within 72 hours of discovery.
You have the right to be forgotten. If at anytime you no longer wish to be on Caroline Hair Creation’s database that’s no problem, simply send an email to Caroline at email@example.com and I will personally remove your digital file and then cross shred you paper file and ensure if you opted onto our mailing list that this is also removed.
You have the right to access your personal data that Caroline Hair Creation holds and the right to rectification if it is incomplete, incorrect or out of date.
You also have the right to Data portability if you wish us to transfer some personal data maybe patch test results if you a moving town to another salon.
You also have the right to object to processing and direct marketing. Your data can remain in one place but not be used.